Selecting the right hair salon, spa or other similar establishment is very important. After all, you can only feel your best if you look your best. However, finding options is just half the battle–it is important that you know when you’ve found the best place to go for your haircuts. These five simple questions will help you know if the salon you’ve found is the right one.
- Does the salon cater to YOU? – Do the stylists have experience working with hair like yours and providing the hair styles in which you are interested? Those with curly hair, long hair or color treated hair, for example, should research and find out or ask the stylist if she is familiar with working on this type of hair.
- Does the salon offer the services you desire? – Are you looking for just a haircut or do you want a one-stop location that does body waxing, facials and other services as well? It’s important you determine if the salon can meet your needs. Check online or call to find out if they offer what you need.
- Is the salon clean and well-kept? – Hygiene is important; look at the salon and see if it feels clean and up to date. If you can’t make it into the salon, find out if there are photos online that allow you to get a preview.
- Do the stylists listen? – You want a stylist that is willing to listen to your ideas and help you determine exactly the right style or solution for you. Find out if you can call and talk or email the stylist before your appointment and discuss your needs and wants.
- Does the salon use quality products and equipment? – While you may save money going to a budget salon, do you really want the lowest-priced chemicals on your hair? Ask about what products the salon uses–you may be able to find out more just by looking online.
As you can see, there are simple ways to determine if a salon is the right fit for you. One excellent way to find the best local salons is by using Vagaro.com. This is an app that allows you to search all the best salons in your area and learn more about them. Prefer to work from the internet? No problem! You can do it all from the website too. Even better than Yelp!, Vagaro.com was designed just for salons, spas and related businesses so you can even book directly from the app or webpage. What could be better than that?