Summer weather can really do a number on your lips. Sun, wind, and heat dehydrate your skin. Without protection, your risk of lip cancer increases. Keep your lips safe and kissable with these 5 summer essentials.
1. SPF lip gloss – A plain or tinted SPF lip gloss is summer’s most essential lip cosmetic. If you’re a lip gloss addict, SPF 15 should offer adequate coverage. If you don’t intend to reapply often, bump it up to SPF 30. A fruity-flavored product tastes just right for summer.
2. Exfoliating lip scrub – When you do get a touch of chapped or wind burned lips, exfoliating lip scrub is a life saver. Essentially gloss with nubby exfoliating agents inside, this goes on over your bare lips and can be wiped or licked off, removing dead skin.
3. Coral lipstick – Coral is the perfect day to night lip color for summer. It’s light enough to be playful, yet sophisticated enough to make the transition into a summer’s eve soiree. Look for an extra moisturizing lip color to do double duty in the summer.
4. Matte lipstick – The greater the gloss factor in your lip product, the more UV rays go straight to your pucker. Protect your lips and show off great color with a matte summery lipstick in a pale pink or nude shade.
5. Splashy summer lip colors – Summer just begs for fun lip colors, and NYX delivers with opaque yellows, blues, bright greens, and purples that are just $5.99 each. Pick up one or more of these colors to lighten up your lip palette for summer!
We offer review of many of our favorite lip picks on the blog, so hop over to the Product section to explore Vagaro’s favorite lip picks.