Nail biters, rejoice! If you’re sick of constantly ruining your fresh manicure, there is a quick, easy, and affordable solution. Edible nail polish is an up-and-coming beauty product designed specifically for those with chronic nail biting habits. Edible nail polish features a beautiful, vibrant color, coupled with a great taste. Best of all, tasting the polish is completely safe, as the polish is completely organic and vegan-friendly.
What’s In It?
You’ve probably heard of water-based nail polishes that are safer to use than traditional polishes. However, these polishes still contain harsh chemicals not designed for consumption. Edible nail polish contains a fruit and/or vegetable base, making it safe to nibble on. From oranges and carrots to barley grass and beets, the diverse selection of polish flavors give nail biters a wide range of options.
Traditional nail polish has numerous toxic ingredients, such as nitrocellulose, ethyl acetate, and dibutyl phthalate. Instead of dangerous chemicals, edible nail polish contains ingredients like corn starch, acacia, and citric acid. Most brands of edible nail polish claim to contain all natural ingredients, leaving your fingertips and toes looking their best without the toxic additives. Parents of young children can also benefit from these safe-for-kids colorful, flavorful polishes.
How to Remove It?
Edible nail polishes make polish removal a cinch. With just a little bit of water and some rubbing, the color is instantly removed from your nails, leaving them ready for a new color application. With an edible polish, there is no more dealing with traditional polish removers or cotton balls. Just a quick shower and you’re left with polish-free nails.
Most edible nail polishes are cruelty-free, non-GMO, and vegan. Once applied to the nails, the color dries to the touch in about five minutes, similar to traditional polishes. One of the primary differences between edible and regular nail polish is the storing of the polish. While regular polish can be left at room temperature, edible nail polish needs to be refrigerated due to its food-based ingredients, and has an average shelf-life of about two months.
Keep children – and yourself – from ingesting toxic ingredients found in traditional nail polish by making the switch to an edible variety. If you’re a nail biter, check out edible polishes.