Are your nails looking a little blah these days? With a new year comes brand new nail trends that can keep you occupied through 2016. Whether you prefer the safety and attractiveness of classic metallics or you’re ready for show-stopping electric spring colors, your favorite fashion brands have dolled up their models’ nails enviably. Here’s five must-have colors you need.
1. Chrome — A gunmetal silver goes with just about anything, which is probably why Chanel chose the shade for their models. This wintry hue is somewhat utilitarian and is a great color to wear for those formal occasions you have on your calendar.
2. Cobalt blue — Gorgeous and jewel-toned, cobalt blue is a fantastic winter-to-spring color. The blue makes it appropriate for your winter wardrobe, but its unerring brightness will play nicely with the pastels and electric colors of your favorite spring dresses and flowy tops.
3. Forest green — Harness the earthy colors of spring right on your fingertips with this pretty forest green. Monique Lhuillier models sported nails with just a strip of the dark color in a French manicure style, but don’t let that dissuade you from painting your whole nail this interesting color.
4. Matte black — Don’t be intimidated by black. While regular black nail polish may look a little severe in some cases, a matte polish dries with a different texture and lightens the color somewhat, making your nails look more chic than gothic.
5. Neon yellow — The ideal hue to transition from winter to spring, a sunny yellow will always brighten up your day. If you’re feeling stuck in the endless rut of winter, this nail hue adds a pop of color to any look. It’s also a great shade to herald in the arrival of spring.