It’s hot, but you don’t necessarily want to forego makeup entirely. What do you do? Everyone knows sticky lip gloss and heavy lipsticks are a bummer in the summer. Treat your lips right with gentle, hydrating, lightweight lipsticks that still give your pucker some color without feeling caked on. Try these five fantastic brands.
1. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick — Choose from more than 30 colors in the Amuse Bouche lipstick collection from Bite Beauty. The makeup company says its lipstick includes a “mouth-watering formula” with healthful and hydrating oils. With so many color options, you can wear this lipstick all summer regardless of the occasion.
2. Clinique Pop Lip Color + Primer — Part primer, part lip color, Clinique’s Pop Lip lipstick promises eight hours of lip softness. Color options include nude pinks, corals, bright reds, and bold magentas. Incredibly lightweight, make sure to put in this in your bag this summer.
3. Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick — Need a hydrating nude lipstick for the hotter months? Charlotte Tilbury’s K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick fits the bill. The Nude Kate color is a perfect way to keep your pucker moistened with its “antioxidant that naturally protects lips from UV damage and external pollution, leaving them cashmere soft and irresistible.” It doesn’t get better than that.
4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick — Beloved makeup brand Revlon says its Super Lustrous lipstick is a best-seller and has been for years. There’s a lot to love, including more than 80 colors to choose from in sheer, pearl, matte, or crème. Your lips will stay kissable with the LiquiSilk formula found in each tube. You’ll be totally ready for wherever your summer adventures take you.
5. Burberry Kisses Lipstick — Let your lips taste luxury with Burberry’s Kisses line of lipsticks, which include nearly 30 pretty hues. Your pucker will feel anything but dry and chapped as the brand promises mouth protection for six hours. The colors go on rather sheer but are intended to be layered so you can make your look as demure or daring as you prefer.