National Best Friends Day is June 8, acknowledging the special role that friends play in our lives. It’s a day set aside for appreciation, celebrating the bond between friends and the life events they share in your journey. For service professionals, friends are something you can celebrate 365 days a year with the right tools and marketing strategy!
BOGO With a Buddy Using Daily Deals
Workout dates, spa days, meeting up at the salon or the yoga studio… they’re all ways that friends connect with each other through some self-care. That’s great news for you! Discounts and deals make people happy, boost revenue, and influence future purchases. Did you know that you’re 4x more likely to get new bookings from Daily Deals? Customers who might not ordinarily try something new are more willing to take a chance when they’re accompanied by a friend. In fact, a whopping 91% of people who redeem a coupon or discount say they’re more likely to visit that business again!
Examples might include:
- BOGO Highlights – Bring a friend & save big! Book some quality time now and save 50% on both services.
- Buddy Haircuts – Haircuts are better when you bring a buddy! Book now & get two haircuts for the price of one!
- Workout Pals Special! Have you been thinking about using a personal trainer? Try it with a pal! Book today, and you’ll both get a free introductory session with a trainer and save 25% on your next training session.
- Friends Massage – You and your best friend work hard—let us help you relax! Book today and you’ll get a 30% discount on massages when you book together.
- Twice as Nice Facials – Book facials for you and your bestie and you’ll both receive a complimentary brow wax while saving 10% on your facial service. Don’t miss out on this chance to enjoy some quality time with the bonus of bright, healthy skin!
Welcome New Friends with Refer-a-Friend Promo Codes
How do you turn one happy client into a dozen? Your best clients want their friends to be as happy as they are, and word-of-mouth testimonials are priceless. If your satisfied clients send their friends to you, why not reward them? Give the friends they refer a reward for coming in, and you’ll have made a new friend, just like that!
It’s easy to reward friends for sharing the wealth with a “Refer-a-Friend” promo code! A promo code is a versatile marketing tool that’s easy to use. Creating a personalized promo code for your satisfied customers will help you track their referrals, making it easy to reward both them and their friends for coming in.
We know you’re busy, so we designed this feature to allow you to schedule the duration of promo campaigns. The system automatically deactivates the promo code at the expiration date & time that you set, so it couldn’t be easier! You’ll also be able to limit the total number of available uses, limit promo codes to one use per customer, set a minimum purchase amount, or limit discounts to new customers only. You can fully customize the services, classes, products, memberships, and packages where a promo code is applicable. Better still, you can track the revenue generated by any promo code, giving you useful data to help you plan out future promotions.
Not sure how a promo code would work for your business? Here’s some ideas for how to use customized codes to help share the wealth!
- CHELSEA20 – Reward Chelsea and her friends for new referrals! You can create this custom code to give Chelsea’s friends 20% off their first appointment with you, and to reward Chelsea with 20% off her next visit!
- MATTFREE1 – When Matt refers a new member, they’ll get their first month of membership free. You can also give Matt a discount when his friends sign up using his code.
Create packages for your customers that encourage them to bring their BFF. With the modern busy lifestyle, sometimes workout dates, salon visits, spa days, or group fitness classes are the only time friends can dedicate to catching up with each other. Packages are a great way to help them nurture those times of connection and reward them for choosing your business for their “friend time.”
You can create one-time packages, or ongoing package deals that auto-renew at a frequency and price point that you customize. After the buddy promotion concludes, try offering recurring package deals to lock new customers in as regulars.
You’ll also be able to apply reward points packages, as an incentive for new customers to return and take advantage of the rewards. You can also create packages that combine different classes or services your business offers, so get creative and boost business with BFFs!
- Spin with a Friend – Take a friend to spin class! Create a package allowing customers to bring a guest to a series of spin classes at a discount.
- Mani/Pedi Mondays – Create a package where customers can bring a guest and schedule a standing date! Friends will get to spend some quality time catching up with each other while being pampered, and you’ll know that you’ve got Monday appointments on the books.
- Yoga Sidekicks – Instead of asking them to tell friends about your yoga class, give them a chance to show them! Create a package that includes a free friend voucher allowing clients to bring a guest to yoga workshops over a given timeframe.
Besties are Your Best Advertising
Now that you know how easy it is to use the Vagaro marketing tools included in your basic subscription to create one-of-a-kind ways for your clients to celebrate their friends with you in the salon or fitness center, you can make Best Friends Day any day. Remember, your tools are completely customizable to your industry, so allow yourself to think big, and create singular celebrations for your clients and their friends.
From customers to co-workers to mentors, we all do better with a friend than we would on our own. Tell us how friends help make your business better!
Header Image: @iloveallyspix via Twenty20
Icon Images via Icon8