Did you know…
- 72% of shoppers rely on credit or debit cards when making a purchase
- 47% of consumers say they prefer digital payment options
- 3 in 10 consumers report that in an average week, they make no purchases using cash
- 36% of consumers own 6 or more devices, which they use to make online purchases and reservations
- Studies indicate only 9% of shoppers carry cash
- Cash-carrying shoppers report keeping only around $20 on hand
- 46% of shoppers say they’ve used cash fewer than 8 times in an average month
In the 21st Century, Cash Isn’t King
Cash-only businesses run the risk of losing customers and missing out on sales because they haven’t adapted to the changing needs of their clientele. Checkout must be simple and convenient. In today’s market, setting up merchant services is a crucial factor of success. Since card payment is the modern customer’s preferred mode of payment, businesses need card processing capabilities to stay competitive.
No matter how much your customers may love your business, if you don’t make it convenient for them to pay, another salon, gym, or spa will.
Choosing the Right Merchant Service Provider
Merchant services can be confusing, and sometimes it’s difficult to understand what charges are for, how often they’re being processed, and what you get in return. If you’re making the decision to add card payment processing, or if you’re considering making the switch to Vagaro’s payment processing, here’s a checklist of things you’ll want to know.
- What processing solutions or other features are offered?
- Are they features that will benefit your business, or were they designed for a different industry?
- What will you be charged for, and how often?
- Is the pricing structure transparent, and easy-to-understand?
- What payment types will you accept, and what are their fees? (like American Express, Discover, etc.)
- How will your merchant services save you money? How will they help you earn more money?
- Will these services help grow your business or control costs?
- When you need help, will their support team be available and ready to assist?
Made for Your Industry
Vagaro offers competitive rates, bundled with scheduling, marketing, and payment processing features designed specifically with the needs of beauty, personal care and fitness professionals in mind.
You work in a unique, personalized industry. We believe your software should be every bit as customizable as your services and products. Why pay more for a “one-size-fits-all” software when you could choose a tailored fit for a better price?
We’ve Got What You Need
Our value is easy to imitate, but hard to match. Not only will you be able to easily process payments from your customers, but you’ll be able to do it from any device you—or they—prefer. You’ll be able to schedule appointments, process digital payments for services, products, memberships, packages, and gift certificates.
Make it easy for your “regulars” to check out with the ability to store their card information in their customer profile, and you make it easier for them to keep choosing you. Empower your business to set payment policies for cancellations and no-shows, or require an online credit card payment to reserve services. Best of all: once your Vagaro merchant services application is approved, you’re eligible to receive a free EMV chip card reader, so you’ll really be in business!
Ready to get started with Vagaro Merchant Services? Find out how we can help you stay ahead of customer needs and make the most of every swipe!