COVID-19 closures and shelter in place orders have taken a toll on service-based industries around the world. That’s why many service professionals are taking their classes and services online. It’s simple to get set up the live video integration through your Vagaro account.
This article includes:
- How social media helps you attract new local and global customers to your live video events
- The social media platforms where you should be posting
- How to create the right post for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and TikTok
- Easy social media strategies to use Before, During, and After your live stream event that will attract viewers
Social media is a great way to stay connected to your clients, so why not market your live streams through your most active social media channels? Ideally, you’ve already crafted an email and text marketing campaign to promote your virtual sessions; simply add social media announcements to amplify your message. Not only will you get more attention from your loyal clients, but you’ll have the potential to reach a global audience of new customers. Let’s explore how to exponentially boost the number of live stream attendees using social media!
Post on These Social Media Platforms
These are the social media platforms you should post on to impress your current customers and attract new clients to your live video events:
Every social media channel is a little different, from the number of characters you can use to how long your post will be active. While your core marketing message should be the same, you will want to adjust the delivery to each platform in order to attract the greatest number of subscribers. Here’s a brief overview of how to you can use the main social channels to promote your live streams.
Create a Facebook Event
Create a Facebook event, you can then send invitations to users that include your Vagaro link. As people begin to register and RSVP to the event on Facebook, their network of friends will be notified, encouraging friends to join as well.
Share Instagram Stories & Posts
Create polls and interactive content on your Instagram Stories—for example, Will You Be Joining My Live Stream? The more votes you get, the more you can get other users excited and interested in signing up for your live stream!
Create a descriptive Instagram post, giving the details of your live stream. Have fun with your post, show your location (Live streaming from my living room!), include your Vagaro booking link, and @ your friends to share your post!
Post Your Recordings on YouTube
Host your video clips from previously recorded live streams to give future clients an idea of what to expect. In the video description, make sure to include easy-access registration links and a description of your live event.
Make a Twitter Announcement for Last Minute Bookings
Looking for last minute sign-ups for your live stream class? Tweet about it!
Create a Promotional TikTok Video
Create a promotional video using trending music on TikTok. This can get you on the homepage and get you more livestream viewers! Be sure to include your booking link in your video description.
Pre-Event Social Media Tips
- Post event reminders 48 hours before you go live.
- Create “shout out” videos that include where new customers can register for your streams. Then encourage friends and followers to share them on their social platforms.
- Remember to link your live stream in the bio of your Instagram account so you can refer to this link in your Instagram Stories!
- Invite live guest hosts—or even loyal participants—to “take over” your live stream with you.
- If you can create a trend-friendly, easy-to-use hashtag for your event, include it with other relevant hashtags in your posts.
- If possible, cross-promote your live stream with other live streams
During the Event Social Media Tips
- Encourage participants to sign up for email and text marketing alerts, so they can get the insider scoop on future live streams, receive exclusive discounts on future live video events, and let you know what they want to see next!
- Ask your live stream participants if your current schedule works for them. You can adjust your streaming schedule to better meet their needs and link your new schedule on your social pages!
Post-Event Social Media Tips
- Keep the conversation going — post polls, questionnaires, and other content that’ll keep up the event momentum and build anticipation for your next live stream.
- If you recorded the event, send an on-demand link to participants so they can access the stream again. You can also allow future participants to have access to previous streamed sessions with an on-demand link!
- Create new video clips from your recorded event and post them to social media—and if participants posted content from your live stream, re-share it to your social pages.
Vagaro’s new live streaming integration makes it easy to attract new customers from around the world—social media marketing helps you find them! Live streaming options are a great way to secure a reliable, remote source of income and take your business to places it’s never been before! Visit our support page for step-by-step guidance to get your Vagaro account set up to start streaming and give your local—and global! —customers something to keep tuning in to. Click here to read a letter from our CEO, detailing how Vagaro is here to help your business stay open for business, even if your doors are temporarily closed.
Images & Icons: Mia Montemayor via Vagaro