Marketing sounds simple: give your customers what they want – easy, right? For most small business owners, figuring this out is an ongoing challenge. Luckily, social media helps demystify what customers want by giving you a direct window into their online habits. Let’s explore how to use TikTok and Instagram Reels to attract a quality audience that makes a positive impact on your business!
Become a Pro
First, you’ll want to upgrade to business accounts, so you’ll have access to all the business analytics associated with your profiles. On TikTok, you’ll need to switch to a Pro Account. On Reels, you’ll switch to an Instagram Creator profile. These account types provide access to your account analytics, measuring your audience and performance. You’ll be able to learn more about your followers, monitor the views and engagement of your content, and use those insights and metrics to adjust your social marketing plans to give followers the kind of content they want most.
Who is Your Target Market?
Now that you’ve got the tools you need to track your success, it’s time for a marketing plan! The beauty of both TikTok and Reels is that they’re designed for lightning-fast content. That gives you more opportunities to get noticed and attract an organic following – especially with Gen Z, who prefer these social channels! But remember, you don’t want just any old followers (though those are nice too!) You’re making content for your target market, which translates to higher quality leads and viewers more likely to answer your calls to action.
Catering to Your Fanbase
Before you can adapt a trending song, dance, meme or hashtag effectively, you’ll need to be clear on what your end goals are.
Before you can decide what you want followers to do, make sure you answer these questions, to clarify your next steps!
- Who are you marketing to – and what are you offering?
- What does your target market want to see – and can you deliver it?
- What action do you want viewers to take – and have you made it easy to do?
Do you want TikTok and Reels followers to…
Share your videos?
Follow your business account?
Explore your other social channels?
Make a purchase or book an appointment?
Visit your website?
Subscribe to your text and email marketing?
Give Your Marketing a Bump
After you know who your target audience is and what they want to see, the next step is planning how to deliver it. Remember, on these channels it’s more important to be entertaining and authentic than to be perfect, and your analytics are there to help you figure out what’s working. Because these platforms are fast-paced and structured for casual use, it’s important to know the unique habits of TikTok and Reels users.
Here’s how to give your marketing a quick bump!
- Post consistently and frequently. Staying in the algorithm gets more follows!
- Remember your target audience. Adapt what’s trending to your business.
- Network with creators you admire. Their followers may give your profile a look!
- Be a “Reply Guy!” Replying to every comment boosts engagement and follows.
- Add text to clips. This boosts visual engagement for viewers with sound off.
- Hashtag Strategically! Mix trending and business hashtags for better leads.
- Keyword it up! Use keywords related to your business to help viewers find you.
Track Your Success with Analytics
If you want to go viral and get 1k new followers, TikTok and Reels are where you can make a big impression quickly. Analytics take the guesswork out of what’s working. This lets you measure the effectiveness of your marketing and adjust accordingly by tracking the most important follower touch points:
- Traffic source. How did viewers find your videos?
- Views and watch time. How many people watched your clips? How long did they watch?
- Engagement. How many likes, shares, and comments did your videos get?
- Demographics. Who likes your posts the most?
- Profile views. How many users looked at your profile?
- Followers. Who liked your content enough to follow your page?
- Follower activity. When are your followers hungry for new content? What songs are they loving? What other videos are they watching?
The easiest way to deliver what your clients want is to meet them on the platform where they’re spending the most time – and right now, that’s TikTok and Instagram Reels! With just a few strategic moves, you can net yourself 1k new followers in no time – then guide them to your Vagaro email and text marketing, and see how far a little social media marketing can take your business!
Images: Giorgio Trovato via Vagaro and Mia Montemayor via Vagaro
Icons: Mia Montemayor via Vagaro