Get Raspberry Hair for National Raspberries N’ Cream Day!
August 7 is National Raspberries N’ Cream Day, because in the peak of summer, berries are lush and ripe. Raspberries and cream aren’t just for dessert anymore. Here’s some gorgeous ways to indulge in raspberries and cream year-round, with these raspberry-inspired looks. For those who love vibrant color, raspberry hair is one of the most versatile, fun ways to express your style and still stay office-appropriate. There’s a wide range of colors in the raspberry hair family, ranging from more vibrant, magenta-based “true raspberry” colors into deeper purple blackberry-raspberry shades and red-based “ripe raspberry” hues.
First, take a moment to explore the different kinds of raspberry hair looks (might we suggest the Vagaro Pinterest boards?) This will help you prepare for your consultation by having visual examples to bring your colorist to make sure your raspberry look is everything you envision. You can go for a full-head raspberry look, a more subtle balayage ombre raspberry, pastel raspberry, a rooted look, deeper purple, or a vibrant, fantasy-raspberry. Here are a few of our favorite raspberries!
Chance are, your colorist will have their own favorite color line with color swatches for you to review when designing your raspberry hair. The following color lines have great raspberry shades, but remember, professional hair color shouldn’t be purchased or used outside of a salon setting.
- Pravana Vivids, Wild Orchid, Magenta, Pink, Violet, and Red
- Pravana Chromasilk Vivids Everlasting, Enchanted Pink and Mystic Magenta
- Joico Color Intensity Line: Amethyst Purple, Light Purple, Orchid, Magenta, Pink, Lilac, Rose, Blush
- Guy Tang #mydentity: Dusty Lavender, Rose Gold, Pink Diamond, Pink Glow
- Schwarzkopf Igora® Colorworx®: Mauve, Fuchsia
- TIGI Creative Color: Violet, Red, Mahogany
- Redken Color Fusion: Tequila Sunrise, Garnet
Ask your colorist for aftercare recommendations to make your raspberry look last longer and stay looking as fresh as a summer berry! If you’re not sure where to start, ask if your salon stocks these top products for raspberry hair. As with our color line suggestions, remember these after care products are professional lines, sold exclusively to licensed professionals—to support small business (and your favorite colorist!) shop with your salon, and don’t purchase diverted product!
- Joico Color Balance
- Joico Color Butter
- Bain de Terre Raspberry Plum Color Enhancing Conditioner
- Overtone Color Enhancing Lines
- Celeb Luxury Gem Lites Colorditioner
- Keracolor Clenditioner
Find and book a colorist in your area & make your raspberry dreams come true!
Header Image: via Vagaro
Leave a Reply