In this article you’ll learn how to:
- Get a jump start streaming your skin care lessons
- Build a virtual skin care routine for your clients
- Create follow-up courses for more in-depth topics
- Use your online store to compliment your live stream
- Involve your male clientele in some self-pampering
It’s no surprise that dealing with a pandemic has left us anxious and stressed. And we all know how stress can ravage our skin! Now more than ever, it’s important to maintain a routine and practice self-care. As clients are spending more time at home, it’s the perfect moment to dive into the world of skin care. Clients are ready to jump on their new skin journey, but many may feel lost on where to start. They’re probably wondering, “What is a good skin care routine for me?” Luckily in this age of technology, you can help while also practicing social distancing. By offering live stream classes and one-on-one virtual consultations, you can develop customized skin care routines for your clients while remaining safe at home.
Offer Live Stream Skincare Classes
Everyone’s skin is unique—some will have oily skin, dry skin, or a mix of both! With the plethora of information that can be found online, it can be confusing for consumers to pick the right products and use them properly. This is where you come in! As a skin care professional, you can help clear up the mysteries around cleansers, toners, serums, and exfoliants. With Vagaro’s live stream integration, you can provide virtual classes that cover the basics of skin care and stay connected with your clients while giving them the tools they need between visits.
Bright Idea: To encourage customers to re-book with you, advertise your skin care classes as courses! You can begin with an introductory to skin care, then use this class as a pre-requisite to book your more in-depth virtual skin care classes.
Host Live Streams for Specific Skin Types
Now that your clients have a better understanding of the basics of skin care, they are left with the question: how do I pick the right skin care products for my skin type? As a follow up skin care course, offer custom live streams that are specific to those with oily, dry, or combination skin and give recommendations on the skin care products for each skin type. Set up your Vagaro online shopping cart to sell these items in your online store and offer curbside pickup so your clients can quickly get started with their new skin routine!
- Skincare Detox—Help customers detox their skincare system! Teach them the importance of trashing outdated or expired skin care products, how to translate the ingredients list to know exactly what they’re putting on their skin, and what to seek out for a natural, organic skin-care regimen.
- Forever Young—Aging skin is about more than just looking good—how you feel in your skin affects how you feel, period! Address skin care issues in each age bracket, how customers can care for their skin in their teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, & beyond to look their best at any age.
- Problem Skin? No Problem! —Eczema, acne, psoriasis, and dermatitis are skin issues requiring a specialized skin care routine. Teach customers how to identify skin problems that require medical attention, how to properly care for skin when you’re on medications, and how to deal with flare-ups without hurting your skin—or your self-esteem!
- Making Faces—Makeup today can be confusing—there are so many different tools, products, techniques, and looks out there, it can be hard to know where to start. Offer this course as a 4-part tutorial series that demonstrate how to create a nude face, an everyday business face, an evening face, and a high-fashion face.
- I Made it Myself! — Pricey products got you down? Teach customers how to use every day, easy-to-find ingredients to formulate everything from shampoo, body butter and lip balms to sugar scrubs, body sprays, and even their own brand of hand sanitizer!
- Scrub-a-Dub-Dub—Exfoliation can be a fast fix to brighten skin and unclog pores, but it’s all too easy to overdo it. Teach clients how to exfoliate different parts of their body the right way, with store-bought products or with simple household ingredients.
Sell Facial Treatments
Your customers are craving a relaxing spa experience during this stressful time and, believe it or not, this can be achieved even in times of social distancing! Use your online shopping cart to sell facial treatments and offer a complimentary one-on-one live stream session with the purchase. This way, you can walk clients through each step of creating the perfect at-home spa.
Something for the Fellas
Men need pampering as well! Let your male clientele know that a skin care routine is equally important to them as it is to women. For men who want a simpler routine, you can offer a live stream geared towards their specific needs. In addition to the basics such as cleansers and moisturizers, you can review the importance of beard oils and after-shave balms to prevent dry or irritated skin. Also remind your male clients to stop by for spa day when you re-open!
Get the Word Out
Put a halt on your client’s endless search for the best skin care advice and let them know you have answers! Email and text marketing are the most efficient ways to get the word out that you’re still in business – virtually! Remind them that a little self-pampering and an established routine goes a long way in easing stress during difficult times.
Vagaro’s new Zoom integration and online shopping cart makes it simple to keep your business going during the COVID-19 pandemic. While your doors may be temporarily closed, you can remain open for business online! You know more than anyone the importance of maintaining a routine and a little self-care. Click here to set up your Vagaro account and start live streaming.
Header Image: Giorgio Trovato via Vagaro
Icons: Mia Montemayor via Vagaro
Make More February Cash with a Galentine’s Day Deal They’ll Love!
Vagaro is a cloud-based scheduling software commonly used by beauty, fitness, and wellness businesses to manage booking, credit card payments and processing, marketing, payroll, inventory management, reporting, and much more.